Let’s stay healthy FLY family!
REGARDING THE CDC’S NEW RECOMMENDATIONS ON MASKS: We are working on updating our business policies. More info to come soon. Thank you for your patience! This is a happy and exciting time!
After 1 week of being in “extreme risk” in Multnomah County, as of Friday May 7, we have been moved back to “high risk”. This means we can raise our capacity in the Fire Room back to 10 people!! Yay!
ALSO, starting May 7, we have added 17 more classes to our in-studio schedule every week! This includes 1 Earth Room class (unheated) every day! The capacity for Earth Room classes is 8 people at this time.
Thank you for your support as we continue to rebuild our schedule 🧡
Our county is being moved back to extreme risk as of this Friday, 4/30/21. In compliance with the state guidelines, we will have to lower our class capacities down to 6 people, starting 4/3/21. Hopefully this is short-lived and we will be allowed to expand our capacity again in a couple weeks. Please keep wearing your mask, washing your hands and practicing social distance!
Multnomah county is being moved from moderate-risk, back to high-risk as of 4/9/21. What changes do we need to make at the studio because of this? Nothing actually, because we did not make any changes when we were moved from high to moderate! We have been operating according to the Oregon Health Authority’s guidelines for high-risk since we were moved out of extreme-risk. (Please see below for more info on safety measures being taken at FLY.)
Multnomah county is currently in the moderate-risk category, however we have not yet changed any of our safety protocols! We are still operating as if our county is in the high-risk category and we are following all guidelines set in place by the Oregon Health Authority.
✅ Masks on at all times
✅ 6ft. social distancing/limited class capacity
✅ Health screening upon arrival
✅ Air purifier used in the yoga room + Merv-13 rated furnace filters installed
✅ Thorough sanitation checklist used after EVERY class
✅ Showers are closed for now
✅ Limited locker-room availability (single-stall all-user restroom available)
✅ No mat or towel rentals available at this time (pleas BYO mat and towel)
✅ One update has been made: Our filtered water station in the restroom is now reopened!
With more and more vaccinations taking place daily and less and less COVID cases being reported, we will be making more changes as appropriate. There is a light at the end of the tunnel friends 🧡
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO KNOW:
- Please be committed to the classes you sign up for!
- Although our class capacity is expanding, it is still small and we ask for your cooperation in making sure everyone that wants to come back to the studio, can do so.
- Please only sign up for one in-studio class per day. Only sign up for classes you know you can attend.
- Because of our limited capacity, our late cancel and no-show policy will continue to be STRICTLY enforced.
- Our cancellation window is as follows:
- All 6am and 8am class reservations must be cancelled by 8pm the night before
- All other class reservations must be cancelled at least 4 hours before class time
- Please arrive for class no earlier than 15 min. before start time and no later than 5 min. before. Currently, we have one person staffing the studio and teaching their own class, so the window above is extremely helpful in allowing us to have adequate time to set up, as well as start class on time.
- As always, if any sudden onset of cold/flu/covid symptoms come on, please let us know right away and we will waive your late-cancel fee if applicable!
- Please review our full list of Studio Terms HERE.
- Make sure your MindBody profile is subscribed to text notifications for “Reminders and schedule changes” so you know right away if you’ve been moved off the waitlist and onto the class roster.
- When you receive this text, please confirm or decline your reservation RIGHT AWAY.
- Please note that by signing up for class on the waitlist, you are agreeing to the same terms as signing up for the class. (The same cancellation policy applies.)
- Check the schedule every morning and check it often for available spots.
- Download the FLY app (if you haven’t already) and make sure you have notifications turned ON in your system settings. If we have any last-minute (within 4 hours of class time) openings with no one on the waitlist, we will send out an app notification and you will be among the first to know and have the opportunity to sign up!
We are reopening our doors on Monday, February 1! Our reopening schedule is small but mighty, and is live. (Classes can be booked up to 3 days in advance.)
We know some of you are not feeling comfortable coming back into the studio yet and we totally get it. Do not worry! We have decided to also keep our live stream class schedule active and robust at this time.
Sign up in advance: At least 30 minutes before class time. Our classes have a very limited capacity in order to maintain safe social distance. Please be aware of our cancellation policy as well. (Found on our website “studio terms” page.)
Be on time: Please plan to arrive to the studio at least 10 min. before class start time. Give yourself plenty of time to navigate traffic and parking. If you are running a few minutes behind, please call the studio. No one will be allowed to enter once the teacher has started class. The front door will be locked once the teacher begins class.
Arrive prepared: Bring your own gear, including water, and bring only what you need. We are not offering mat and towel rentals until further notice. (Mats and water are available for purchase if you forget yours. Our filtered water station is closed at this time.) Please note that showers are currently unavailable. Please come dressed and ready as much as possible. Our all-user single-stall bathroom will be available for use before and after class.
Wear a mask: Masks must be worn the entire time you are inside the studio, including during practice. This is required by the state of Oregon until further notice.
Maintain distance from others: No explanation necessary, right? Please respect everyone’s space, including your own.
Health Check: Upon arrival, you will be asked if you have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours and your temperature will be checked using a touchless thermometer. You will also be asked to sanitize your hands with our touchless station at the front desk. This will be as much of a touchless experience as possible from the time you enter, to the time you leave.
Support your teacher: Teachers will not be giving hands-on adjustments and everyone is asked to stay on their mats throughout class.
Stay in the room: This will help to maintain physical distancing. Please be prepared for class and plan to stay for the duration until the teacher opens the doors after final savasana.
Air Flow: Fresh air exchange will happen a few times during each class. We use highly-rated fan/furnace filters recommended by the CDC. We are also working on purchasing an air purifier for the yoga room.
Exiting: Please maintain social distancing while exiting. One person at a time at the shoe cubbies please.
Showers: Please plan ahead, as showers are not available at this time.
Sanitization: All high-touch surfaces are disinfected before and after every class. We are using products approved by the EPA and following all of the CDC guidelines. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/disinfecting-building-facility.html) The floors in the studio are mopped and disinfected after every class. (We have a special disinfectant and mop just for the yoga room.)
Respect studio policies and each other: Remember, we are all in this together and these guidelines are in place to keep everyone healthy.